“In the spirit of respect, reciprocity and truth, we honour and
acknowledge Moh’kinsstis and the traditional Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Blackfoot confederacy: Siksika, Kainai, Piikani, and as the Îyâxe Nakoda and Tsuut’ina nations. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3, within the historical Northwest Métis homeland. Finally, we recognize all
Indigenous and non – who live, work, and play on this land and honour and celebrate this territory.
This sacred gathering place provides us with an opportunity to engage in and demonstrate leadership on reconciliation. Thank you for your enthusiasm and commitment to join our team on the lands of Treaty 7 territory.” (Calgary Foundation, 2022).
• Community benefit – the actions of volunteers directly impacting our community of artists; you can help out formally or informally.
• Act of altruism – volunteering allows you to express your generosity, support people and communities in need, and pay it forward.
• Mental and physical benefit – volunteering allows you to connect with others, increase social inclusion and develop a greater sense of belonging.
• Celebrate diversity – volunteers help bring together our diverse com- munity of artists from all walks of life; we celebrate our differences as we learn together.
1. Event Prep Team –Set up/take down, Registration or Ticket Sales, Usher/Information Team.
2. Art Instructor – Instruct bi-weekly online workshops based on instructors’ art medium.2 hour long, Sat 10-12 pm, every first and third Saturday of each month.
3. Fund Development
4. Administration Secretary
5. Social Engagement– Social Media
1. We ask that you provide a recent vulnerable sector check.
2. Our staff will schedule a short zoom or phone call interview.
During the interview, you may ask questions to learn more about the organization.
3. We serve a diverse population and respect all ethnicities, genders and religions.
4. Privacy of our participants and the safety of everyone in- volved is always a top priority.
5. Complete the volunteer registration form.